[OpenAFS] AFS problem on XP

Robbie Foust rfoust@duke.edu
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:12:56 -0500

Hi,

I just subscribed to this list so I apologize if this has already been
discussed.  I installed v1.2.10 of openafs on my XP laptop and I was
able to get tokens, but when I tried to bring up an afs drive, I got an
error message about the server (unfortunately I didn't write it down).
Soon after troubleshooting the problem, I was unable to get tokens at all.

The error message I get is:  Error: 11862791 (AFS service may not have
started).  After that, the afs client seems to periodically freeze for a
few seconds when I move around in it.  I've tried
uninstalling/reinstalling (checking for registry keys & files too) but
nothing seems to help.

A google search found a discussion on this list last year about this
problem with an older AFS client (1.2.2?) but the thread never said if
there was a fix.  I've tried getting tokens at both cells where I have
logins and I get the same error with both.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Robbie Foust, IT Analyst
OIT - Systems and Core Services
Duke University