[OpenAFS] faststart option for fileserver?

Christopher Arnold chris@pictage.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:07:31 -0800

Just out of curiousity, is there an option to start an afs server back
up quickly after a crash
(like by skipping the salvage operation).  I was sort of hoping that
since I'm using an ext3
filesystem there would be less risk of corruption?

The reason I ask is that I've got a fileserver which ended up getting
upgraded to 1.2.10 before I
could patch the buggy glibc on the server.  I'm going to have to send it
a KILL signal at some
point so that it can re-initialize and operate normally again.  This
happens to be a machine with a million
volumes on it and the salvage operation is going to take about 1.5 hours
to complete.

--
Christopher Arnold
System Administrator                 E-Mail:  Chris at Pictage.com