[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.2.10 and taroon (RH Enterprise Linux 3.0 beta)

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:41:19 -0500

Troy Dawson wrote:
>I was just about to post to the list when I saw your e-mail.
>I have been unsuccesful to recompile a kernel module for openafs 1.2.9 or
>1.2.10 for the kernel in taroon.  I have tried with both beta1 and beta2, and
>also with the newly release fedora-core kernel.
>I have tried just loading in modules from the latest 9 kernels (2.4.20-20)
>with no luck.

The fedora core beta (severn) compiles cleanly from the 1.2.10 .tar.gz (dunno
about the SRPM) with both the i686 and athlon kernels, and I am happily
accessing afs from my severn box.

The obsolete bits don't build compile, and I can't speak for stability under
load (haven't stressed it).

Dave