[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.10 & Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 beta (taroon)

Lee Damon nomad@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu
Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:43:46 -0700

> Lee Damon <nomad@crow.ee.washington.edu> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to compile kernel drivers for taroon.  ...
> > (I'd be thrilled if I could get
> > SRPMs so I can easily build the RPMs native on taroon.)
>
> The SRPM is available in the same download directory as the rest of
> the RPMS on openafs.org's website.

Ah, I was looking for them in /afs/openafs.org/software/openafs/v1.2/1.2.10
and related locations.  I see source tars, and the kernel source rpm,
but not SRPM or srpm files.  I'm going to hand this over to the guy
who usually deals with RPMs and let him deal with it.

>... What do you get from "nm libafs*nikol* | grep iget"?
> You might need to tell "afsmodname" what symbols to look for.

[root@skif modload]# nm libafs*nikol* | grep iget
         U iget4_locked_Rsmp_071d06d8
         U iget4_locked_Rsmp_071d06d8
         U iget4_locked_Rsmp_071d06d8

I just tried adding iget4_ and iget4_locked_Rsmp  to the @TrySyms line but that
didn't work.  Ah, iget4_locked did.  However, loading the module causes a
kernel panic: fatal exception.

nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
work: nomad@ee.washington.edu                                      \
play: nomad@castle.org    or castle!nomad                           \
                                                                    /\
Sr. Systems Admin, UWEE SSLI Lab                                   /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \