[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.10 & Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 beta (taroon)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
01 Oct 2003 14:02:39 -0400

Lee Damon <nomad@crow.ee.washington.edu> writes:

> I'm trying to compile kernel drivers for taroon.  Since it is based
> (loosly?) on RH 9.0, I started by installing the 9.0 rpms for everything
> including the 1.2.10 kernel source.  (I'd be thrilled if I could get
> SRPMs so I can easily build the RPMs native on taroon.)

The SRPM is available in the same download directory as the rest of
the RPMS on openafs.org's website.

[snip]
> the make finished without error, resulting in three libafs-2.4.21-3
> files that I then copied to /usr/vice/etc/modload.  However, when I run
> afsmodname on them, it doesn't find any symbol references.
>
> [root@skif modload]# ../afsmodname -f SymTable.local -g libafs*nikola*
> Unable to find a suitable symbol reference in 2.4.21-3.EL.nikola.bm!
> Unable to find a suitable symbol reference in 2.4.21-3.EL.nikola.mp!
> Unable to find a suitable symbol reference in 2.4.21-3.EL.nikola!

This is why the rest doesn't work -- it's not finding "suitable symbol
references".  What do you get from "nm libafs*nikol* | grep iget"?
You might need to tell "afsmodname" what symbols to look for.

-derek