[OpenAFS] Some questions (gssklog, openssh)

David Ferch dferch@gmx.net
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:02:09 +0200

Hello Derek,

> You only have two servers?  If so, then the cell absolutely depends on
> the one with the lower IP address.  It get's an extra 1/2 vote during
> Ubik elections, so out of a total of 2.5 votes your server at .6 only
> got 1 vote for quorum -- so you lost your cell due to lack of quorum.

Oh, that makes sense. But how can I get it working ? Do I need to add
another Server ?  Can this server only be an afs fileserver ?

> Also, if you dont have any RO copies of /afs on .6, it will fail to
> find that..  The client will not fallback to the RW copy.  You should
> make sure you have a RO clone on the same partition as the RW volume.

Will the ro-copy of my rw-volume on the same afs-partition (e.g. /vicepa)
use the same amount of space ? Or is this like a backup-volume only a copy
of the volumes metadata ?

Mmmh, find it out myself on AFSLore-Wiki. At admin-faq 3.13: ro-volumes on
the same partition as rw-volumes are only a metadata copy.

> -derek

Thank you,
David

--
Against TCPA - nothing fights like the opposition
http://www.againsttcpa.com