[OpenAFS] afs as backend for webdrive-ish system?

Craig Huckabee huck@spawar.navy.mil
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:49:14 -0400

--=======160C7BE6=======

At 09:48 AM 10/6/2003 +0200, Tino Schwarze wrote:

 >On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 02:01:21PM -0400, Craig Huckabee wrote:
 >
 >>  >anyone using afs as a backend for a webdrive/idrive-type system? if
you're
 >>  >using freely available software for the web part, what are you using, and
 >>  >do you like it?
 >>
 >> Sorry for the late reply to the list, but we have this on our local to-do
 >> list.  We're looking at doing WebDAV using Apache.  Right now we're just
 >> swamped in the transition of our user population over to AFS.  I could
 >> probably dig up some funding to toss at this if the results remained open
 >> source.
 >
 >What exactly is still missing? You can at least authenticate users
 >against AFS using mod_auth_pam. And they can even access their files
 >because there's an extended mod_auth_pam around which acquires a token
 >for the apache process handling the request.
 >
 >Bye, Tino.

Last time we tried this, mod_dav choked because it read the Unix permission
bits and knew nothing of the AFS permissions.  We want something that will
understand the ACLs.

--Craig

/ Craig Huckabee                | e-mail: huck@spawar.navy.mil  /
/ Code 71B-CH           | phone: (843) 218 5653         /
/ SPAWAR Systems Center         | close proximity: HeyYou!      /
/ Charleston, SC                | ICBM: 32.78N, 79.93W          /