[OpenAFS] afs as backend for webdrive-ish system?

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:48:35 +0200

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 02:01:21PM -0400, Craig Huckabee wrote:

>  >anyone using afs as a backend for a webdrive/idrive-type system? if you're
>  >using freely available software for the web part, what are you using, and
>  >do you like it?
>
> Sorry for the late reply to the list, but we have this on our local to-do
> list.  We're looking at doing WebDAV using Apache.  Right now we're just
> swamped in the transition of our user population over to AFS.  I could
> probably dig up some funding to toss at this if the results remained open
> source.

What exactly is still missing? You can at least authenticate users
against AFS using mod_auth_pam. And they can even access their files
because there's an extended mod_auth_pam around which acquires a token
for the apache process handling the request.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/