[OpenAFS] AFS Client for Linux trying to contact server at localhost instead of address in CellServDB

Richard Eggert II richard_eggert@comcast.net
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 20:38:05 -0400

Well, the good news is that I can now refer to my machines by name and =
not
just by IP address.

The bad news is that the automatic AFS login now seems to be broken =
(klog
still works, though) on the server machine, and I'm still getting the =
same
error as before on the client machine (lost connection to file server at
127.0.0.1).

Any other ideas?

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org =
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Richard Eggert II
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 8:14 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] AFS Client for Linux trying to contact server at
localhost instead of address in CellServDB

Why would it be trying to resolve the hostname?

Anyway, I've just updated the /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/hosts (to
provide static mappings since I don't have a DNS server or even a =
legitimate
domain) on both machines.  Both are rebooting.  I'll let yas know if it
fixes anything. :)

Rich