[OpenAFS] Second fileserver setup

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:20:44 -0400 (EDT)

I read the list. Don't also reply to me.

> > matches, you lose. Remove it from the second machine; When you get your
> > other problems straightened out it will be autogenerated; It's not the
> > cause of your problems.
>
> How to fix it:
>
> afs-2:~# cat /var/log/openafs/FileLog
> Fri Oct 10 18:05:58 2003 File server starting
> Fri Oct 10 18:05:58 2003 afs_krb_get_lrealm failed, using testnet.local.
> Fri Oct 10 18:05:58 2003 /var/lib/openafs/sysid: doesn't exist
> Fri Oct 10 18:05:58 2003 Creating new SysID file
>
> So asf_krb_get_lrealm failed is the issue?

Nope. Not everything you see logged means "something you need to deal
with", and basically the afs_krb_get_lrealm thing is just informative: it
means the fileserver will use the default cell to realm mappings. For 99%
of sites, that's the desired result. I suspect it is for you as well.

> Actually it doesn't create the new SysID file...

My recollection is it must talk to the vlserver before it writes out the
new sysid file. Can't talk to vlserver, no sysid file. As soon as you fix
it so you can talk to the vlserver, you'll have one.

I haven't been following this closely, but something in one of the
messages I just glanced at makes me ask: is your second fileserver's
loopback interface up and working?

ifconfig lo
should show 127.0.0.1 up, presumably.