[OpenAFS] openafs-info FAQ and/or Wiki

Miles Davis miles@cs.stanford.edu
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:39:48 -0700

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 09:37:43AM +0200, Tino Schwarze wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:53:28PM -0400, Esther Filderman wrote:
> >
> > Well, I've always thought the FAQ is the right start for overhauling the
> > documentation....
> > I think making the FAQ more noticable on the main openafs.org page is a good
> > start.  Perhaps we need another chapter,  a more technical FAQ then the current
> > one, with pointers to the wiki?
>
> There shouldn't be a difference between the FAQ and the Wiki - the Wiki
> contains the FAQ and the FAQ should be maintained there.

I disagree. The Wiki has lots of information, but it's sometimes difficult
to find what you're looking for. A well laid out FAQ could go a long way
to clearing up confusion. Think Ken Hornstein's Kerberos FAQ.

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities