[OpenAFS] openafs-info FAQ and/or Wiki

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:48:32 +0200

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 09:39:48AM -0700, Miles Davis wrote:

> > > Well, I've always thought the FAQ is the right start for
> > > overhauling the documentation....  I think making the FAQ more
> > > noticable on the main openafs.org page is a good start.  Perhaps
> > > we need another chapter,  a more technical FAQ then the current
> > > one, with pointers to the wiki?
> >
> > There shouldn't be a difference between the FAQ and the Wiki - the Wiki
> > contains the FAQ and the FAQ should be maintained there.
>
> I disagree. The Wiki has lots of information, but it's sometimes
> difficult to find what you're looking for. A well laid out FAQ could
> go a long way to clearing up confusion. Think Ken Hornstein's Kerberos
> FAQ.

The FAQ could be maintained in the Wiki nevertheless. This way you skip
the "whom do I need to ask to get something added and has (s)he the time
to do it" hurdle. Actually, the most recent FAQ _is_ in the Wiki AFAIK.
And I don't see a reason to take it out.

If somebody thinks, the Wiki FAQ is not well-structured - go ahead,
change the structure!

I think the big advantage of maintainig the FAQ in the Wiki is that
people can add new information _very quickly_.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/