[OpenAFS] Failed to clone the volume XXX

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
19 Oct 2003 19:33:08 +0200

I've been having trouble with my girlfriends volume(s) for a very
long time now. I always thought that it was she that did something
weird and I never managed to figure out WHY. _I_ never had any
problems (and neither did anyone else).

Two days ago, I moved my home and mail volumes around to free some
smaller disk so that they could be removed (they where just wasting
electricity :), and the night after, _I_ started having troubles
with the volumes! Looking closer, and drawing some fast conclusions
(which might be wrong, but they sound reasonable), I discovered that
I've moved my volumes to the same partition as my girlfriends volumes...

The reason it was discovered the night after, is that I get the
following errors when doing the daily backups:

----- s n i p -----
Failed to clone the volume 536871355
Could not end transaction on the volume 536871355
Could not unlock the VLDB entry for the volume 536871355
Possible communication failure
Error in vos backup command.
Possible communication failure

This disk is a reasonably new IBM disk (18Gb DNES-318350W if that
matters) with only one partition (sdd1) with ext3 as FS.

The file /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/1 tell me this about the disk: