[OpenAFS] problem in vos release

Noel Burton-Krahn noel@bkbox.com
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:08:18 -0700

Thanks for the quick reply, Lee!  Unfortunately, I can't find and file name
in the error output, and I can't find Derrick's message to you.

The problem is vos release fails.  vos examine displays "New release" and
"Old release"  what's that all about?

root@cronus:/afs/.ibdlhk.com/foreign
# vos release -verbose root.afs
vos release -verbose root.afs

root.afs
    RWrite: 536870912     ROnly: 536870913     RClone: 536870913
    number of sites -> 2
       server cronus.ibdlhk.com partition /vicepa RW Site  -- New release
       server cronus.ibdlhk.com partition /vicepa RO Site  -- Old release
This is a completion of the previous release
The volume 536870912 could not be released to the following 1 sites:
                          cronus.ibdlhk.com /vicepa
VOLSER: release could not be completed
Error in vos release command.
VOLSER: release could not be completed

# vos examine root.afs
vos examine root.afs
root.afs                          536870912 RW          4 K  On-line
    cronus.ibdlhk.com /vicepa
    RWrite  536870912 ROnly  536870913 Backup          0
    MaxQuota       5000 K
    Creation    Sat May 17 11:57:28 2003
    Last Update Sat May 17 11:57:53 2003
    0 accesses in the past day (i.e., vnode references)