[OpenAFS] problem in vos release

Lee Damon nomad@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:52:48 -0700

I don't remember the details, but it was a file pointed to by the error.
If you look back in the archives from the note you quote you should see
the one were Derrick suggests how to find the bad file.

nomad

> Hi Lee,
>
> I'm having the same problem. What file did you delete in your /vicepf
> volume?
>
> Noel Burton-Krahn
> noel@bkbox.com
>
> (from
> https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2003-April/008795.html)
> [OpenAFS] problem in vos release
> Lee Damon nomad@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu
> Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:28:38 -0700
>
>   a.. Previous message: [OpenAFS] problem in vos release
>   b.. Next message: [OpenAFS] problem in vos release
>   c.. Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]

> ----
>
> I would like to thank Derrick Brashear for his patience and assistance
> in helping me find the bad file that had been left behind in kinetic's
> /vicepf partition.  It was causing a name collision when trying to
> write the volume.  Removing the file enabled a successful vos release.
>
> It seems there may be a bug in the VolserLog routines. I believe Derrick is
> looking into it.
>
> Thanks to everyone who sent suggestions and ideas.
>
> nomad
>
> Noel Burton-Krahnnoel@bkbox.comBKbox - The total remote office
> solutionhttp://www.bkbox.com

nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
work: nomad@ee.washington.edu                                      \
play: nomad@castle.org    or castle!nomad                           \
                                                                    /\
Sr. Systems Admin, UWEE SSLI Lab                                   /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \