[OpenAFS] ipacl answer page linke to in faq/wiki

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:33:39 -0400

i was having trouble remembering how to set up IP-based ACLs
so i searched the mailing list and found this message.

I've put a link to Joe's page in the faq in the afslore wiki.  Should this
just live in the wiki?

----- Forwarded message from Joseph H Vilas <jhv@duke.edu> -----

To: openafs-info@openafs.org
From: Joseph H Vilas <jhv@duke.edu>
Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] Questions about AFS usage

Ruby <kb44@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> mentioned:

> Maybe you refer to the limited token life time? That can be fixed by

        [...]

> ip based ACLs.

I got tired of figuring this out and explaining it, so I wrote:

        http://www.duke.edu/~jhv/answers/afs-ip-acls.html

As Ruby pointed out, it's not so secure as it could be, but it may be
adequate for some applications.

BTW, I'd appreciate any feedback on the document folks might have.

Joe

--
Joseph H Vilas  jhv@duke.edu  1-919-660-6902
Box 90132, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0132

----- End forwarded message -----

danno
--
dan pritts                                       danno@internet2.edu
systems administrator                            734/352-4953 office