[OpenAFS] ipacl answer page linke to in faq/wiki

Ted Anderson TedAnderson@mindspring.com
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:47:31 -0400

On 10/20/2003 17:33, Dan Pritts wrote:
> i was having trouble remembering how to set up IP-based ACLs
> so i searched the mailing list and found this message.

Putting in the FAQ is valuable.  Also see the IPAccessControl[1] page.

> I've put a link to Joe's page in the faq in the afslore wiki.  Should this
> just live in the wiki?

I don't have any general principle on this subject.  However, if you
want to annotate or augment the information copying it into the Wiki
seems like the right thing.  You can always include the reference to the
original source.  For mailing list discussions I usually include a
pointer, so that the whole thread can be explored by interested parties.
  In this case, though it is often valuable to use the Wiki to summarize
and collection the information into a single place.  This is more work,
of course.

Ted Anderson

[1] http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/IPAccessControl.