[OpenAFS] Drive mapping difficulties in Windows

Peter Schüller peter.schuller@infidyne.com
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:30:43 +0200

Hello,

> I agree that mappings are a problem especially persistent ones with
> roaming profiles.
>
> I think the only way to make this work with SMB is to get rid of the use
> of persistent profiles and instead have either afslogon.dll or
> afscreds.exe (depending on whether or not integrated logon is being
> used) establish the local mappings for the session.  This will require
> the storage of some addition AFS drive mapping information into the
> user's roaming profile.

Thanks, but I'm not sure what this entails. Is there some other way of
controlling the AFS drive mappings than using the configuration interface
("control center")? (Not using integrated login)

Is there perhaps a way to do this using a script? I'm thinking something like:

   NET USE N: MACHINE-AFS\submountName /persistent:no

Perhaps that exact solution works; I will try it tomorrow when I have another
go at this thing.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org