[OpenAFS] mysterious freezes

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth@cern.ch
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:24:13 +0200

Thus spake Lee Damon (nomad@crow.ee.washington.edu):

> They are frequently pingable, and when you telnet to a port (22, for
> example) you get a connection, but no banner.

Hey, I'm not the only one!!! Great!  (sorry, but I'm somewhat frustrated
with this)

I've got a client machine running SuSE 8.1 (we can't upgrade for some
reasons) and with older kernel versions we had no problems. After
updating the kernel beyond 2.4.19-257 (or so...) the machine freezes in
the way you describe. I can ping the machine, I can telnet without
banner, no response to the keyboard, nothing on the screen, no logs.

I tried OpenAFS 1.2.8, 1.2.9 and 1.2.10. No luck.

Any hints?

    Hendrik

--
There are print emulsions that last better than others
but to say that a color negative print is archival is