[OpenAFS] Problems installing openafs on Solaris9

Petter Lindquist petter@hig.se
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:40:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I've heard that openafs is a hell to install, but it should be worth the
trouble when it's done.

The main problem seems to appear here:

adeptus2(root): ./bos setcellname adeptus2 student.hig.se -noauth
bos: could not find entry (can't find cell '<default>' in cell database)

The links get created, but there is no CellServDB file in /usr/afs/etc

I also have some questions that I can't seem to find any answers for on
the site.

Does it work with SunONE ldap? We're migrating from nisplus...

Does it also work with Legato Networker backup system? I'm not sure if it
goes under the file system or just reads the plain files...

--=20
Mvh Petter Lindquist, N=E4tverksansvarig H=F6gskolan i G=E4vle