[OpenAFS] AFS::Command Perl Modules (was: 'vos examine', 'Last update' and date format)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:53:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Phil> The code I have takes a different approach, and is actually a
> Phil> re-write of an old perl4 (yes, perl *FOUR*) API I wrote, 10
> Phil> years ago.  The text output from vos, fs, etc is deterministic,
> Phil> and relatively straight forward to parse (well, not trivial, but
> Phil> since I had the parsing code already...).
>
> Derrick> You know Jeff Hutzelman already did that, right? Look in
> Derrick> src/tests in OpenAFS and you'll find those perl modules.
>
> No, I wasn't aware of that code at all.  I'm suprised I missed them.
> Looks like we'll have more options that I originally thought.
>
> Maybe Jeff can chime in on the level of support for this API?  It
> appears to exist only to run the tests themselves, and doesn't get
> installed in a standard manner.  That makes it a bit hard to work
> with.  The README.afstools says to go to grand.central.org, but I
> can't find any mention of the code there.

No, I stole them from him and wrote the missing bits so I could do tests,
that's not the official distribution. Sadly, I don't know where that
distribution *is*.