[OpenAFS] AFS::Command Perl Modules (was: 'vos examine', 'Last update' and date format)

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:59:53 -0400

On Tuesday, September 02, 2003 14:53:37 -0400 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

>> Phil> The code I have takes a different approach, and is actually a
>> Phil> re-write of an old perl4 (yes, perl *FOUR*) API I wrote, 10
>> Phil> years ago.  The text output from vos, fs, etc is deterministic,
>> Phil> and relatively straight forward to parse (well, not trivial, but
>> Phil> since I had the parsing code already...).
>>
>> Derrick> You know Jeff Hutzelman already did that, right? Look in
>> Derrick> src/tests in OpenAFS and you'll find those perl modules.
>>
>> No, I wasn't aware of that code at all.  I'm suprised I missed them.
>> Looks like we'll have more options that I originally thought.
>>
>> Maybe Jeff can chime in on the level of support for this API?  It
>> appears to exist only to run the tests themselves, and doesn't get
>> installed in a standard manner.  That makes it a bit hard to work
>> with.  The README.afstools says to go to grand.central.org, but I
>> can't find any mention of the code there.
>
> No, I stole them from him and wrote the missing bits so I could do tests,
> that's not the official distribution. Sadly, I don't know where that
> distribution *is*.

There isn't one.  If people are interested, I can tar up what I have and
drop it in gco-contrib.  Phil and I have discussed the possibility of
merging our work, but neither of us is going to have time to even think
about it for the next few weeks.  After that, who knows?

-- Jeff