[OpenAFS] AFS::Command Perl Modules (was: 'vos examine', 'Last update' and date format)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:55:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com wrote:

> Phil> years ago.  The text output from vos, fs, etc is deterministic,
> Phil> and relatively straight forward to parse (well, not trivial, but
> Phil> since I had the parsing code already...).
>
> Derrick> You know Jeff Hutzelman already did that, right? Look in
> Derrick> src/tests in OpenAFS and you'll find those perl modules.
>
> No, I wasn't aware of that code at all.  I'm suprised I missed them.
> Looks like we'll have more options that I originally thought.

If I'd know this is what you were doing I'd have said something. I'm
actually not wild about perl modules that process output. Somewhat like
forking an aklog: layered cruft.

But, you see how much native perl module work I've done, so you know, take
for what you will.