[OpenAFS] FIX: broken hyperlinks to MS docs on AFS

Murawski, Rob rsm4@cssd.pitt.edu
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:50:11 -0400

Noel,

See the latest CVSHEAD source on openafs.org.  There is an NSIS-based
installer.

Currently, it does not install the MS loopback adapter as part of the
install, but it is not difficult to add to this install.  I have another
file which does this, but the code is too complex right now for
inclusion into the OpenAFS CVS and automatic build.  In any case, the
NSIS script may be a better starting point for an installer rather than
the InstallShield scripts as everything is in one place.  I know several
people have asked for MSI-based installers, so there is a desire for
one.

-Rob Murawski

-----Original Message-----
From: Noel Burton-Krahn [mailto:noel@bkbox.com]=20
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 11:44 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] FIX: broken hyperlinks to MS docs on AFS

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm running a MS Loopback Adapter and OpenAFS client 1.2.10.  The
network is connected and active when the client starts.  I guess OpenAFS
could start before DHCP completes,  but I am running a loopback, so that
shouldn't be an issue.  I ran an "nbtstat" right after boot and there
was no "NOEL-AFS" on any adapter.  The NOEL-AFS share only appeared on
my loopback after I fixed "lmhosts".

Jeffrey, I've been meaning to redo the OpenAFS install as an MSI with
the loopback adapter and some other bug fixes like this one.  Do you
know anyone else going down that path?

--Noel