[OpenAFS] hangs with Mac OS 10.2.6

Robert Rosenberg robert.rosenberg@nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:10:29 -0400

Dear Sirs:

September 4th, I installed the latest version of OpenAFS on my Apple G4
PowerPC 867MHz running Mac OS 10.2.6.  I have no problem accessing
remote directories in AFS, but when I do program development, i.e.,
something like "make clean"  in a remote directory, my monitor
immediately dims and a white background warning message appears in the
center of my screen instructing me, in english, german and japanese, to
restart my computer.

I get the following panic message:

Sep  4 16:08:09 baeder mach_kernel: afs: WARNING: ui_refcount panic
averted
Sep  4 16:12:47 baeder mach_kernel: afs: WARNING: ui_refcount panic
averted
Sep  4 16:19:12 baeder syslogd: restart

Another user in my group, with a similar G4 running OS 10.2.6, has no
problems with OpenAFS.  Can you tell me to start looking to resolve
this problem? Thanks.  -Rob

Robert Rosenberg			email: robert.rosenberg@nrl.navy.mil
Code 5593				voice: 202.404.7496
Naval Research Laboratory	fax:      202.404.7402
4555 Overlook Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20375