[OpenAFS] Unicode filenames with Win client

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:57:25 -0400 (EDT)

Symptom:  While storing files in AFS from Windows (XP, SP1), a filename
containing foreign-language characters is mangled.  Specifically unicode
characters are squashed to question marks, which aren't legal characters in
Windows (posing problems the next time the file is accessed).

I'm seeing this using the OpenAFS 1.2.6 client.  Is this a known problem
with a known solution?  Am I incorrect in blaming this problem on the AFS
client?

Cheers,
Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

Linux...
"Find out what you've been missing while you've been rebooting Windows..."
               --- Infoworld