[OpenAFS] startup dependancies

Murawski, Rob rsm4@cssd.pitt.edu
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:15:15 -0400

You can't list "explorer" as a startup dependency.  Only other Windows
services can be listed.  This is a function of the Service Control
Manager.

To change the dependencies (which also exists in NT4, but you couldn't
view them through the Services applet) you will need to use a service
modification program such as SC.EXE from the Resource Kit.  Using SC,
you will need to delete the AFS service and create it with the new
dependency parameters.

Why not install the MS loopback adapter so the AFS service can start
without network and then the user can use it natively when network
connectivity is restored?

-Rob Murawski

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bear [mailto:David.Bear@asu.edu]=20
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 1:20 PM
To: openafs
Subject: [OpenAFS] startup dependancies

with windows 2k and better, you can list startup dependancies in the
service control manager for a particular service.

Where can I specify startup depencancies for openafs?  I only use
openafs clients.  All afs services live on unix boxes.

I would really like to be able to list something like the windows
'explorer' as a startup dependancy for the afs client to make certain
its the LAST service to start...

--=20
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257