Re[4]: [OpenAFS] "manually" adding AFS accounts

Ron Croonenberg ronc@DEPAUW.EDU
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:31:04 +0000 (CT)

it looks like the situation is a bit better now,

here's the permissions for the user dutch :

[dutch@afshost dutch]$ fs listacl
Access list for . is
Normal rights:
  system:administrators rlidwka
  system:anyuser rl
  dutch rlidwka

looks like I have all the right permissions..   right ?

When I login I get this message :
/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth:  timeout in locking authority file /home/dutch/.Xauthority

and also, I can't create any files it seems. When I try to open a new file with
vi  the error I get after I try to quit and save :
"test2.tst" E212: Can't open file for writing

anybody have an idea what's going on ?

thanks,

Ron

 Ron Croonenberg                     |  Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator              |  Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience       |  e-mail : ronc@depauw.edu
 DePauw University                   |
 Julian Science & Math Center        |
 602 South College Ave.              |