[OpenAFS] "manually" adding AFS accounts

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:40:15 +0200

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 09:31:04AM +0000, Ron Croonenberg wrote:

> [dutch@afshost dutch]$ fs listacl
> Access list for . is
> Normal rights:
>   system:administrators rlidwka
>   system:anyuser rl
>   dutch rlidwka
>
> looks like I have all the right permissions..   right ?

Looks okay, but you might want to remove "r" from system:anyuser. Though
it might get more complicated then.

> When I login I get this message :
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth:  timeout in locking authority file /home/dutch/.Xauthority

Why is it complaining about "/home/dutch/*"? Shouldn't that be
/afs/somewhere/dutch?

> and also, I can't create any files it seems. When I try to open a new file with
> vi  the error I get after I try to quit and save :
> "test2.tst" E212: Can't open file for writing

Do you have tokens, that is: Is your login process AFS-aware and get's
you new tokens on login automatically? If you use built-in Kerberos4,
then "tokens" should tell you that there is indeed a token for user
dutch@yourcell.

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/