Re[4]: [OpenAFS] "manually" adding AFS accounts

Noel Burton-Krahn noel@bkbox.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:30:28 -0700

Hi Ron,

Make sure you have AFS tokens after logging in.  Run "tokens".  If not, try
"kinit user" and "aklog" (assuming you're using krb5).  You can make pam get
tokens automatically.

Remove "system:anyuser rl" from the home directory.  That will make all new
files readable by anyone!

That said, many daemons (like xdm) need to read your dotfiles.  I create a
world-readable dotfiles directory and symlink all dotfiles there, like so:

mkdir ~/dotfiles
fs setacl ~/dotfiles system:anyuser rl
ln -s ~/.Xauthority ~/dotfiles