[OpenAFS] pam afs and putty

ERIC K. CHEU ekcheu@uncg.edu
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:15:17 -0400 (EDT)

After looking at the archives, and putting in the 'patch' to make pam
supposedly 'work', I'm still having problems getting my tokens when using
pam.  Also, protocol 2 for putty won't allow you to authenticate correctly
when logging into an AFS account with openssh 3.7.1p2 with pam enabled.

This is what is in my /etc/pam.conf

sshd    auth optional /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
sshd    auth optional /usr/lib/security/pam_afs.krb.so.1 try_first_pass
ignore_root

In version 3.6.1p2, however, everything is fine - putty works fine, I get
my tokens, etc...
something is either not passing the right environmental variables or some
pam function is not being called, or called correctly.. (and yes, I put in
Chris's code, though I had to set PAM_SEND_ENVIRONMENT to 31 instead of 9,
because that number is already taken by PAM_AUTH_ERR in solaris, and you
can't use any number up to 28 anyway according to our header file since
they are already taken by other PAM codes).

Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.8       Generic Patch   October 2001
Could not chdir to home directory /afs/uncg.edu/user/e/ekcheu:  Permission
denied