[OpenAFS] invalid pointer message when stopping/restarting afs services

Robin Yamaguchi rhy@physics.ucsb.edu
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:57:50 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings all:

I'm currently setting up a new openafs server on a system running RHEL v3
Workstation.  I installed the RHEL v3 rpms without problems, and basic
configuration went without a hitch.

However, when stopping afs services, I am now getting the following error
messages:

[root@testserver /]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs stop
Stopping AFS services.....
Stopping AFS bosserver
free(): invalid pointer 0xb7182010!
free(): invalid pointer 0xb7151010!
free(): invalid pointer 0xb7120010!

When restarting individual services via bos restart, I get the same invalid
pointer messages.

I'm currently running a Redhat 9 AFS server, and haven't seen any invalid
pointer messages there.  I searched the list archives, and haven't seen any
discussion on this.

If anyone has any clues, I'd love to hear them.

thank you,
Robin

Robin H. Yamaguchi
Physics Computing Services