[OpenAFS] SUN Solaris package for Openafs.

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:56:22 -0400

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> I think what we're hearing is not that this really bothers people
> inherently, but that the documentation really needs to reflect the paths
> so that people don't get confused.

I think the paths can mostly be REMOVED from the documentation..
Or have a paragraph right at the beginning that explains how to
find the right binary paths and add it to PATH.

Granted, this requires changing the documentation, but that sounds
like it would be a Good Thing.  There is NO REASON that you need
to specify "/usr/afs/bin/bos" in the documentation for every call.

Admittedly you need to fix the BosConfig commands to point to the
correct binary paths, but AFAIK that's the only place where full paths
are important (well, and the location of the config files).

-derek