[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5 cache in /tmp

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:54:24 -0400

>> We were batting around the idea of working on a capability-based system
>> last year.  There is one glaring problem: all of the capability-based
>> systems that are available today are all geared toward producing PhD
>> thesis rather than actually being useful.  I made the mistake once of
>> trying to use somebody's PhD thesis software in a real application; I
>> won't make that mistake again.  As always, YMMV.
>
>You use AFS, don't you?

Sure ... after a company took it and changed it from a PhD thesis into
a commerical product.  However, we don't use Coda.  If someone took the
time to change the current crop of capability-base OS's into systems
people used for real work, I'd take a look at them (it doesn't have to
be a commerical product, but the idea is the same: there's a big
difference between "PhD thesis software" and "usable software").

--Ken