[OpenAFS] ISP blocking Krb4 traffic?

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:54:58 -0500

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

I've noticed recently that our ISP seems to be dropping outbound traffic
with a destination port equal to 4444.  I think this is to circumvent
some Windows worm that uses that port.  However, it has the side effect
of completely neutering Kerberos 4 usage to an off-site realm, because
traffic on port 4444 from the client to the krb4 KDC (or krb524) is
dropped.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and also are there any
convenient workarounds for this?  What complete stupidity.

--=20
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--