[OpenAFS] file locking

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:30:01 -0700

one of the BIG problems with AFS is the lack of file locking.

Does anyone see the possibility of adding file locks to afs in this
century? or are we forced to use smb style file systems for this.

I supposed I should qualify this by asking for the type of file
locking that windows clients have come to expect.. I don't really care
about byte range locking, but it would be nice to have afs to user
jane that jack has already opened the file and she has a readonly
copy..

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257