[OpenAFS] Integrated Logon automatically starts

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@columbia.edu
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:47:20 -0400

--------------070503080408060601060009

Integrated Logon means that your windows credentials will be used to
obtain tokens.
This is not done by default.  What is done by default is to ensure that
AFS Client Service
is running before the programs auto-started by your profile are executed.

More than likely the AFS Client Service is failing to start because you
do not have a valid
LAN Adapter to bind to at startup.  Fix this by installing the Microsoft
Loopback Adapter
via the Add Hardware Control Panel and assign to it a static IP address
such as 10.10.10.10

Jeffrey Altman

Jeffrey F. Cameron wrote:

> I am new to using OpenAFS and I have been trying to install the latest
> stable release (of the Windows Client) from www.openafs.org
> <http://www.openafs.org/> ,which is currently 1-3-6300.  In the
> initial install options I am leaving the default values checked.  When
> I run the installer everything completes without a problem.  I am then
> asked to reboot, after rebooting it seems as though integrated logon
> is running (because I receive an error that if failed).  I do not want
> integrated logon to run.  I would rather start the service (OpenAFS)
> manually and enter my logon info only when I want to use OpenAFS.  How
> do I do this?
>

> The second issue I have is trying to start the service after I cancel
> out of the Integrated Logon.  [Note: When Integrated logon fails it
> asks to try again or cancel.]  The service will not start and there is
> no area where I can enter the correct logon information.  If I use the
> Control Center and enter my login information here it just hangs and
> nothing happens.  Please advise.  I thank you in advance for any
> guidance you can provide.  I am not receiving any errors while doing
> any of this other than the initial integrated logon failure.  Running
> WinXP SP1
>

> Jeff

--------------070503080408060601060009

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
windows credentials will be used to obtain tokens.&nbsp; <br>
This is not done by default.&nbsp; What is done by default is to ensure that
AFS Client Service<br>
is running before the programs auto-started by your profile are
executed.<br>
More than likely the AFS Client Service is failing to start because you
do not have a valid<br>
LAN Adapter to bind to at startup.&nbsp; Fix this by installing the
Microsoft Loopback Adapter<br>
via the Add Hardware Control Panel and assign to it a static IP address
such as 10.10.10.10<br>
Jeffrey Altman<br>
Jeffrey F. Cameron wrote:<br>
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">I am new to using OpenAFS
and I have been trying to install
the latest stable release (of the Windows Client) from <a
 href="http://www.openafs.org/">www.openafs.org</a> ,which is currently
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">1-3-6300</span></font><font
 face="Bitstream Cyberbit"><span
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">.&nbsp; In
the initial install options I am leaving the default values checked.&nbsp;
When
I run the installer everything completes without a problem.&nbsp; I am then
asked to reboot, after rebooting it seems as though integrated logon is
running
(because I receive an error that if failed).&nbsp; I do not want integrated
logon to run.&nbsp; I would rather start the service (OpenAFS) manually and
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">The second issue I have
is trying to start the service after
I cancel out of the Integrated Logon.&nbsp; [Note: When Integrated logon
fails
it asks to try again or cancel.]&nbsp; The service will not start and there
is
no area where I can enter the correct logon information.&nbsp; If I use the </span></font><font
 face="Bitstream Cyberbit"><span
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">Control</span></font><font
 face="Bitstream Cyberbit"><span
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"> </span></font><font
 face="Bitstream Cyberbit"><span
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">Center</span></font><font
 face="Bitstream Cyberbit"><span
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"> and enter my
login information here it just hangs and nothing happens.&nbsp; Please
advise.&nbsp;
I thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.&nbsp; I am not