[OpenAFS] Re: Win client crashes when changing network

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:48:31 -0700

My laptop has had 3 IP changes in the last week. I ask for a token when I
log in. Works fine here. If the wireless connection calls for a new address
using dhcp try getting a fixed IP address. Normally dhcp will try the old
address.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Gabriele Carcassi
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 1:37 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] Re: Win client crashes when changing network

>You will receive a prompt to obtain tokens for your "home cell" if you do
not have tokens
>and the IP address configuration of your machine changes.  This is proper
behavior.
Yes, I know that, but I do want it. :-) I just want AFS to sit quitely, and
when I need it, I log in. I want to be in control on my machine, I don't
want the machine to ask me for irrelevant things in appropriate times (i.e.
during a presentation because the wireless signal suddenly became low).

Is there a way to disable that behaviour? If not, is it planned for a future
release? It's really very annoying (to me).

Gabriele