[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on RHEL 3.

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:53:28 CT

Hello all,

This starts to look freaky (maybe it is because of those free() errors I see
that appear when I start the bosserver but) :

Apparently (after  installing RHEL again, and then install OpenAFS again) I end
up with localhost as an AFS server too.

This means I have two afs servers running on the RHEL box ?

When I create root.afs and root.cell I get the following :

- localhost:/vicepa Volume root.afs has a VLDB entry but was not found on
  partition /vicepa
- afshost.csc.depauw.edu:/vicepa Volume root.afs has no VLDB entry
- localhost:/vicepa Volume root.cell has a VLDB entry but was not found on
  partition /vicepa
- afshost.csc.depauw.edu:/vicepa Volume root.cell has no VLDB entry

Why does localhost exist as an AFS server ?
(I probably don't need the localhost server ? How can I prevent it from
 starting ?)

I specificall named the server when I created the root.afs and root.cell volumes
with :

/vos create afshost /vicepa root.afs  -cell afs-2.csc.depauw.edu -noauth
/vos create afshost /vicepa root.cell -cell afs-2.csc.depauw.edu -noauth

thanks,

Ron

 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  | http://www.depauw.edu/acad/computer/RonCroonenberg.asp
 602 South College Ave.        |