[OpenAFS] Re: rxk error: caller not authorized

J Maynard Gelinas gelinas@lns.mit.edu
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:33:47 -0400 (EDT)

   Another epiphany!

   The Debian changelog for krb5-1.2.4-5woody4 states:

krb5 (1.2.4-5woody4) stable-security; urgency=high

  * Patch for CERT VU#623217 and VU#442569: Cryptographic weaknesses in
    Kerberos 4
     - Add -X option to krb5kdc and krb524d.  By default  cross-realm is
       no longer supported for krb4 as it is a security hole.
     - Add protection to isolate krb5 keys from krb4 especially for the
       TGS key

-->  - Remove support for the MIT extension to krb4 to use 3DES keys as
       it is insecure.

  * Patch to various DOS issues where the KDC assumes principal names have
    certain components.  Fixes CAN-2003-0072
  * Patch for CERT VU#516825: Additional errors in XDR that may lead to
    denial of service.

 -- Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org>  Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:18:51 -0500

  And upon reverting back to woody3 packages my problem on the slave goes
away! Sooooooo.... I think using 3DES key for K/M is the cause. Now, can I
fix this without doing something drastic to my kerberos database (like
hand editing a dump file wasn't drastic enough)? If not, should I dump V4
TGT conversion on the clients? Any suggestions? And again, thanks for all
the help!

Cheers,
--Maynard