[OpenAFS] integrated logon for Solaris and AFS

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:29:52 -0400

>You should use PAM instead of modifying /bin/login!

FWIW, we use here a modified version of the Kerberos 5 login program on
our systems (including Solaris).  I got tired of fighting with the various
different PAM APIs across systems, and it didn't cover all of them.  I
can only say "it works for us", and I seem to spend less time changing
login.krb5 & the few other things that take a Kerberos password than I
would if I was messing around with PAM modules ... so I'm happy with that
decision.

--Ken