[OpenAFS] Rollback, Restore from .backup volume

Mikkel Kruse Johnsen mikkel@linet.dk
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:18:45 +0200

--Boundary_(ID_DJgkBJKyTMIfEFCaLfob/Q)

Hi All

Im am just testing OpenAFS, to see if we can use it as a NAS server,
witch it seems to be perfect for. I run AFS Servers on Linux Enterprise
AS, and access it from Windows 2000/XP. I have a few questions:

1)    You want to backup a SAN running Windows, onto a AFS drive, can
someone clearify about the 2GB filesize limit ?

2)    The command "vos backup nas.vol1" will make a backup copy of the
"nas.vol1" volume, is it possible to make more than one backup ?

3)    Is there a way to rollback from a backup volume, if I mess up the
"nas.vol1" volume can I rollback the "nas.vol1.backup" volume ?
        I know I can dump it to a file and then restore, but a pointer
rollback is much quicker.

Cheers
Mikkel

--Boundary_(ID_DJgkBJKyTMIfEFCaLfob/Q)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi All<BR>
<BR>
Im am just testing OpenAFS, to see if we can use it as a NAS server, witch it seems to be perfect for. I run AFS Servers on Linux Enterprise AS, and access it from Windows 2000/XP. I have a few questions:<BR>
<BR>
1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You want to backup a SAN running Windows, onto a AFS drive, can someone clearify about the 2GB filesize limit ?<BR>
<BR>
2)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The command &quot;vos backup nas.vol1&quot; will make a backup copy of the &quot;nas.vol1&quot; volume, is it possible to make more than one backup ?<BR>
<BR>
3)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Is there a way to rollback from a backup volume, if I mess up the &quot;nas.vol1&quot; volume can I rollback the &quot;nas.vol1.backup&quot; volume ?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I know I can dump it to a file and then restore, but a pointer rollback is much quicker.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Cheers<BR>
Mikkel
</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_DJgkBJKyTMIfEFCaLfob/Q)--