[OpenAFS] integrated logon for Solaris and AFS

J S vervoom@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:52:52 +0000

>>Thanks for that D. Sorry if this is a stupid question (I really don't know
>>much about PAM or Kerberos!) but if I set up PAM, will this affect any
>>other users?
>>
>>JS.
>>
>Anytime you alter the login procedure for a host, it is going to affect all
>of the users of that host.
>When you configure PAM you can specify whether or not Kerberos 5
>authentication is required for access or acceptable for access.  You should
>configure the Kerberos 5 PAM module to be one of the acceptable means of
>access.
>
>However, based upon one of your previous postings from this morning it
>appears that you do not yet have a Kerberos 5 KDC to authenticate against.
>If you are only using the Kerberos 4 implementation provided within the
>Transarc AFS kaserver, then you cannot perform Kerberos 5 authentication.
>
>Jeffrey Altman

I'm not fussed what kerberos I use, as long as I get this user to sign on in
one go. Basically he has an xcom job set up to transfer a file to a place on
AFS that requires authentication. Can you see any other ways to do this
apart from a single sign on?

JS.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger