[OpenAFS] (no subject)

artward@cs.pitt.edu artward@cs.pitt.edu
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:29:34 -0400 (EDT)

AFS People:

I had an installation of AFS working on linux, then broke it by installing
Win4Lin.  I got some very excellent advice on this list (thanks Dan) that
involved building a whole new kernel, but before I tried that I thought
I'd try the easy way out.

Easy way out (?): I found an AFS rpm that matched my kernel here:
http://afs.caspur.it/afs/italia/project/afs/install/rpm-qi.afsclient.html
I removed my old rpm's, and installed theirs, and the installation went
without complaint. (And during boot, now, AFS starts ok)

Now when I do a klog I get:

"Unable to authenticate to AFS because a pioctl failed."

What does this mean? Is this "almost working?"?  Or should I go back and
do it the hard way?

Thanks

Art