[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.3.63 on Windows XP

Jon Nials jnials@digitalmotorworks.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:36:27 -0500

The main problem I am having is kerberos-5 tickets over 20 hours.  Our
AFS cell is running MIT Kerb5 and tickets over about 20 hours go
negative and cause the credentials to expire immediately.
Unfortunately, I haven't had time to work on it.

-Jon

Jon R. Nials
Lead Systems Administrator
Digital Motorworks, L.P.
Work:  512-692-1039
Pager: jnials@skytel.com
jnials@digitalmotorworks.com
www.digitalmotorworks.com

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org] On Behalf Of Chris Crowther
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 10:08 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.3.63 on Windows XP

Hullo all,

	Anyone else had any problems with OpenAFS 1.3.63 on Windows XP?
It=20
*was* working but now absolutely refuses to work - I can only try to map

drives from the AFS Client dialog and not the AFS Configuration dialog=20
(it doesn't populate the drive letter drop downs).  I say try because=20
even though it creates the mapping it throws up a not accesible error,=20
coupled with not being able to find message text for message number 0x=20
(which seems a slightly odd message number to me) when I try to enter my

cell's directory (which is, incidently, the only cell that shows up in=20
the root; even though previously all the cells from CellServDB were=20
showing up).

	Other times as soon as you go into the AFS root mapping the cell
shows=20
up, disapears, then afsd_service dies horribly.  I've also seen an error

0xffffff come up too.

	I can't think of anything specificly that I've done to break AFS
so=20
wonderfuly.  I suspect I may have done it while I was beating integrated

kerberos logins into submission.  I've tried removing OpenAFS=20
completely: configuration et al. (even to the point of manualy removing=20
the last vestiges of OpenAFS from the registry) then re-installing -=20
still remains resolutely broken.

	Any ideas?

	(The local cell works fine on the Linux boxes; I've not tried on
any=20
other windows machines - I don't mind breaking my workstation, but if I=20
start on other people's they tend to get tetchy).

--=20
hikari