[OpenAFS] install of 1.3.66 on win2k

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:24:06 -0700

I installed openafs 1.3.66 downloaded yesterday from openafs.org on a
windows 2000 box.

After installing the client came up and ran fine.  However, after
looking in at the network adapters I noticed that the 'afs' adapter
was not installed. Having this ms-loopback adapter added to openafs
was a huge improvement so I was keen to check to see that it was
there.  Yet, it was not.

so I uninstalled openafs and reinstalled it from the same install
package, checking to make certain to install the msloopback device.
After the installer completed, I checked and again there was no
loopback adapter.

I check with nbtstat -n and sure enough the smb part had registered on
the 'public' ethernet interface as "machinename-afs".

Any idea why the installer would have failed to install the loopback?
--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257