[OpenAFS] install of 1.3.66 on win2k

Asanka Herath asanka@MIT.EDU
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:47:56 -0400

Which installer did you use? The .exe (NSIS) installer or the .msi (WiX) installer?

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org] On Behalf Of David Bear
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 5:24 PM
To: openafs
Subject: [OpenAFS] install of 1.3.66 on win2k

I installed openafs 1.3.66 downloaded yesterday from openafs.org on a windows 2000 box.

After installing the client came up and ran fine.  However, after looking in at the network adapters I noticed that the
'afs' adapter was not installed. Having this ms-loopback adapter added to openafs was a huge improvement so I was keen
to check to see that it was there.  Yet, it was not.

so I uninstalled openafs and reinstalled it from the same install package, checking to make certain to install the
msloopback device.
After the installer completed, I checked and again there was no loopback adapter.

I check with nbtstat -n and sure enough the smb part had registered on the 'public' ethernet interface as
"machinename-afs".

Any idea why the installer would have failed to install the loopback?
--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257