[OpenAFS] AFS fsck errors with latest solaris 9 patch set

Renata Maria Dart Renata Maria Dart <renata@slac.stanford.edu>
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:28:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I recently patched one of our AFS fileservers to the solaris 9
recommended patch set containing kernel patch 117171-05.  I newfs'd
the vice partitions to give it a clean bill of health before putting
it into service and when I rebooted, the following error came out
of the AFS fsck for each of our vice partitions:

----Open AFS (R) openafs 1.2.11 fsck----
/dev/rdsk/c3t1d0s4: IMPOSSIBLE INTERLEAVE=0 IN SUPERBLOCK (FIXED)
/dev/rdsk/c3t1d0s4: is clean.

I rebooted again, and although it claimed to be "(fixed)" the first
time through, the same message came out again.  I ran /usr/lib/fs/afs/fsck
by hand against one of the vice partitions, with the -y option and that
seemed to "fix" it (i.e. the IMPOSSIBLE INTERLEAVE message didn't
come out on a subsequent fsck) but I am concerned that something in
the underlying filesystem has changed with this patch set that is
incompatible with OpenAFS.  Have you guys come across this?

-Renata

 Renata Dart                         | renata@SLAC.Stanford.edu
 Stanford Linear Accelerator Center  |
 2575 Sand Hill Road, MS 97          | (650) 926-2848 (office)
 Stanford, California   94025        | (650) 926-3329 (fax)