[OpenAFS] mailing list problems

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:48:37 -0700

IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you.
Do not reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission.

We've had some troubles with the openafs-info and openafs-devel mailing
lists over the past few days, and also with the openafs-bugs address.
During that time (since Thursday afternoon, EST), some or all messages sent
to these addresses bounced.  We do not believe any messages were "lost";
any messages which did not bounce should have been delivered.

The cause of the problem was an unexpected configuration change on the
machine which processes the messages, which broke the unusual forwarding
loop we were using to run messages through new anti-spam software before
actually moving processing completely to the new machine.

For the moment, the anti-spam processing for these lists has been disabled,
not because it was broken but because this was the quickest way to get the
lists back online.  We will be reenabling spam filtering at a future time.

   GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG/OpenAFS.ORG postmaster, webmaster, etc