[OpenAFS] testing 1.3.70 was Re: authentication vs authorization

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:29:58 -0500

David Thompson wrote:
> Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>> Now the remaining problem is that the token being generated is too
>> large for the server to handle.  Apply Doug's patches to 1.2.11 or
>> help us prepare for 1.4 by using 1.3.70.
>
> I saw discussion about there being problems with 1.3.70.  Should I
> wait for the next rev or go ahead and use 1.3.70?  My testbed will
> include a public mirror site with DVD images, so I can test the large
> file support.

I would be glad to test 1.3.70, however I don't see a 1.3.70 build for
Solaris 9 (x86 or sparc, which I run on my main AFS servers,) available
for download.  I do not have access to the Sun compiler for x86 and have
not ever had any luck using gcc to compile OpenAFS.  Could someone
provide a Solaris 9 x86 (and sparc) build for 1.3.70?  I thought I read
that there were some problems related to Sun patches breaking things on
Solaris 9.  As that was only a few days ago I assume this is still the
case?

<<CDC
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin